FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are 4 payout dates per year, wherein payment is made after a minimum of £50 has been raised. There is always a minimum period of 3 months between the moment of donation and the paying out of this.
On 01-01 the amount paid out is collected from donations during 01-07 to 30-09*
On 01-04, the amount paid out will be collected from donations during 01-10 to 31-12*
On 01-07 the amount is paid from donations during 01-01 to 31-03*
On 01-10 the amount paid out will be collected from donations during 01-04 to 30-06*
*If in a quarter the minimum of £50, is not achieved, then the amount shifts to the next period, until this minimum of £50, is achieved.
You can see in My account - My project which status a transaction has. This way you can always keep an eye on how much has been collected and how much will be paid out.
Cause of the Month is a scheme where, if chosen, your project is set as the default when someone opens ShopDonation for the first time. This means that if they don’t change their chosen cause, they will shop for the "Cause of the month". We also promote the featured cause on our social media platforms.
Every month we select the "Cause of the Month" based on: inspiration, transparency (what happens with the raised money?) and commitment in terms of promotion.
It can take up to 24 hours before you can see a confirmation of the donation in your account and for you to receive a confirmation email. If you still have not received confirmation after 24 hours, please fill out the contact form.
When can something go wrong?
- If you have previously clicked on the webshop via another affiliate website, such as a discount code website/comparison website. In this case, the commission will go to this affiliate website instead of ShopDonation and the donation will not come through.
- If you have installed Adblocker. Cookies are blocked and the tracking process does not work. Turn this off while shopping via ShopDonation.
- If the cookie settings on a device are 'very strict', the tracking process does not work. *Computers at working places are often quite restricted.
Tips that help the registration of the purchase
- Do not interrupt the ordering process
- Do not make a purchase through multiple computers
- Wait until you reach the "thank-you page".
Do not approach the webshop yourself
- The cooperation between the webshop and ShopDonation is only known to the marketing department of the webshop (as the cooperation is based on the ''affiliate marketing'' principle, we are technically part of their advertising).
When you approach the customer service of a webshop, they will most probably not know anything about the cooperation with ShopDonation, unless you speak to someone from their marketing department.
Rather send the missed purchase to ShopDonation, then we will approach our contact person from the webshop.
Normally when you make a purchase online (for example via a comparison site), a bonus per purchase goes to the web manager. This is called affiliate marketing. If you shop through ShopDonation, 75% of this bonus goes to the cause of your choice. You shop at the same stores for the same prices, but now part of your purchases will go to a social project of your choice.
- If you log in, you can see your donation in your ShopDonation account within 24 hours.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the amount of your donation after you make a purchase.
- The cause/project that you choose to donate to is always saved.
- You can create a profile photo so that acquaintances / friends can see that you support a certain cause.
Yes, in principle it works the same as crowdfunding. Anyone can create a cause/project themselves, as long as there is a social aspiration behind it in the broadest sense of the word. This can vary from a large charity to a citizens' initiative, neighborhood action or social school project. The more inspiring and transparent your aim is, the more people and donations it will attract.
Financial / accounting
If you personally start a project and receive the donations on your personal bank account, please note that tax may have to be paid on this income. Consult the tax rules in combination with your personal situation or, if necessary, check with a tax advisor.
Of course, ShopDonation checks all projects for the correctness of information as far as possible. Should we find out later that a target is displaying significant fraudulent/incorrect information, ShopDonation reserves the right to reclaim all collected and paid donations.
If there is a desire to collect personal money from online purchases, we would rather like to refer you to "cash back websites", which are completely legal.
In practice, shoppers choose a cause to support based on personal contact, trust and transparency. 90% of our shoppers know the cause, or the person behind it, before they go to ShopDonation to support them. If someone tries to create a project for "personal gain:, this wouldn't yield much anyway.
Before a webshop can be added to the collection of ShopDonation, a shop/company first has to make the choice to take part in "affiliate marketing".
You have to register as a webshop at a site like awin.com or tradetracker.com. They take care of the entire "tracking", i.e. the storage of the cookies, the registration where one can see the click through path from Shopdonation to the relevant shop, and that the bonus is finally awarded to ShopDonation.
We have also registered with the mentioned tracking systems and there we can agree to enter into a collaboration.